ACADEMIC AND ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES, RESEARCH UNITS, AND EMPLOYEE GROUPS
Adhoc events outside the regular academic schedule must be approved by a department/unit's signing officer (e.g. EO, Director, Chair)
- The amount of time it takes to process an application is dependent on the scale of an event and the volume of applications in queue. Please allow a minimum of 10 business days (small scale events) for your application to be processed. Large scale events/conferences, depending on size and scope, may require anywhere between 15 - 90 business to process - this may involve meetings with the organizers and various campus services.
- Complete the TUUS Mach Form and click the submit button at the bottom of the form.
- Date Type
- Single Date Event – for events with just one date.
- Multiple Date Event – Events with multiple dates (e.g. a speaker series) can be requested through submission of a single application form.
- Time --- Indicate the start and end time of your event. Don’t forget to allow yourself set up and clean up time.
- Specify Location
- Lecture halls, classrooms, etc., required for use outside the regular academic schedule, are booked through central Room Allocations, Registrar's Office - Adhocs.
- Non-Academic Space
- Colleges - (e.g. Common Rooms, Assembly Hall), contact the College before submitting the TUUS form to confirm availability. The College will hold the space.
- Most public spaces (lobbies, Vari Hall Rotunda, etc.) and outdoor spaces can be reserved directly through the Office of Temporary Use of University Space (TUUS)
- Sponsoring (Dept./Org./Unit/Rec. Stud. Grp) ---Name of department/Faculty/etc.
- Signing authority --- name of signing officer (Chair, Director, etc.)
- Contact --- the person completing and submitting the TUUS Mach Form. This is the person who will be contacted regarding the event.
- Email and Telephone --- for the contact person – the permit will be emailed to this address, with copy to the signing officer
- Food/Beverage - Caterer’s Name
- On-campus caterer – indicate the name (e.g. Aramark). If you are not sure which on campus caterer you will use, type ‘on campus caterer’ in this field.
- Off-campus caterer - Contact Food Services for information on using an off-campus caterer
- Barbecues - contact Food Services for a list of on-campus BBQ vendors
- Audio/Visual equipment - booked directly through University Information Technology (UIT).
- Facilities Service - booked directly through Facilities.
- Custodial, Grounds and Maintenance Services are reduced on the weekends. Submit a CSBO Service Request so that staff is assigned specifically to your event. This will ensure that furniture is set up to you liking, rooms are cleaned and garbage is cleared.
- Music at your event - if you plan on playing music for non-educational purposes, such as for background music at a conference or in an athletic facility, a license must be obtained from the copyright collectives SOCAN and Re:Sound.
- Signatures - Given that it's an on-line form, the sponsor's name, York University e-mail address and 'signature' should be typed into the respective fields on the application form.
TUUS staff will review the application and initiate a consultation where necessary, with the relevant service areas (Security, Insurance & Risk, Facilities, etc.); the contact and sponsor listed on the application form will be copied on the consultation e-mail. The sponsor's York University e-mail will serve as signature authentication.
A Temporary Use of University Space Permit will be issued electronically to the sponsor's York University e-mail.
Click here for the Temporary Use of Space Mach Form.